Search
Bottom

WordPress database error – Help

• WP Royal
    Participant

@wproyal

Hi All,

In the WordPress log file, I am getting error

[21-Dec-2019 07:42:06 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 for query SELECTidFROM wp_posts WHEREpost_parentIN () made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), apply_filters('template_include'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, bbp_template_include, apply_filters('bbp_template_include'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, bbp_template_include_theme_compat, bbp_buffer_template_part, bbp_get_template_part, bbp_locate_template, load_template, require('/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/content-single-user.php'), bbp_get_template_part, bbp_locate_template, load_template, require('/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/user-topics-created.php'), bbp_get_user_topics_started, bbp_has_topics, bbp_parse_args, apply_filters('bbp_after_has_topics_parse_args'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, _bbp_has_topics_query, apply_filters('bbp_has_topics_query'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, bbps_lock_to_author, bbps_get_all_premium_topic_ids

Can anyone suggest what might be an issue to this?

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

new error on old site? only just installed bbpress? what version of bbpress and WordPress?

WP Royal
    Participant

@wproyal

I have 2.5.14 but with the latest version, I have the same issue. WP version is 4.9.5, I have installed many other plugins as well.

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

new error on old site? only just installed bbpress?

WP Royal
    Participant

@wproyal

No this is the old error, no there are many other plugins installed as well.

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

Hey there @wproyal,

Do you happen to be using the GetShopped Support Forums plugin? The reason I ask is I see hooks or functions in the error message you shared as follows:

bbps_lock_to_author

bbps_get_all_premium_topic_ids

The bbps_* prefix is used by the plugin I mentioned (though it’s entirely possible it is also used by other plugins). So, a good starting point toward resolving this could be to temporarily deactivate that plugin, if you can, and see if things clear up.

If that does fix things and you still need this plugin, perhaps a good immediate step would be thinking about what recently changed to introduce the problem (an update either to it or to bbPress itself? A change in some custom code someplace? A settings change?) and then think about ways to roll back.

Of course, you could also reach out to the author/support team for the GetShopped plugin and see if they can offer help with this 🙂

Barry
    Participant

@barryhughes-1

…Though, with that said, it looks like the aforementioned plugin hasn’t been updated in 8 years, so, perhaps it won’t be possible to get assistance from the authors at this point. Still, verifying if that is the cause of these issues is probably worthwhile.

Robin W

@robin-w

If that plugin is 8 years old, it will be for bbpress version 1, so chances are it will not work with current version

WP Royal
    Participant

@wproyal

Ok, thank you very much for your help, yeas I am using it and I will follow the steps you said. I will get back with results…

Kind Regards,
    Nick

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar