Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress comments

• Hi ! (sorry for my english…)

I would like to use BBPress topics for post plugin, but when i install it all the previous wordpress comments i had in the post are not shown anymore. Only the new comments created with the plugin are shown.

Am i using the right plugin ? another one would do what i need ?

If not, Is there a way to keep those comments in my blog posts and also a way to automatically create topics in the forum using all the old wordpress comments ?

Thx for your help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • yes, i searched for new plugins that help me to keep my previous as well as new comments.

And did you found something ?

An idea ?

Txs

Installation

@installuninstallcom

I was also searching for this plugin.

Has anyone found a working solution to this? I’m considering migrating my WordPress plugin support from comments on a WP post / page onto a bbPress forum (so the history is searchable). If such a thing doesn’t exist, I’d need to create it, because the history is what’s really valuable.

I had a quick look at the basic format and it doesn’t look all that complicated. Each forum, topic, or reply becomes a new entry in wp_posts with some extra metadata stored in wp_postmeta for things like the commenter’s name, email, url, and IP. I reckon the core logic would be pretty straightforward, my biggest question is how to kick off the import process.

Anyone with development experience interested in collaborating? Or got any existing code to share?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar