Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress/bbPress random redirect

• sleestak
    Participant

@sleestak

I have a WordPress site using bbPress and I have some users that are randomly being redirected to a renewal page when they click on certain forum items (usually new posts). I have them delete their cookies and then it works fine. I am just unable to recreate it, so I don’t know exactly how the cookie is becoming invalid. Any ideas how to debug this?

WordPress 5.5.4
    buddyPress 2.5.14

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm….

by ‘renewal’ do you mean login ?

sleestak
    Participant

@sleestak

Essentially, yes. It takes them back to the screen where they need to buy a membership.

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

Is this a new issue on new site, or new issue on old site, and how often is it happening to how many users ?

ok, I don’t think this is bbpress, I can’t see anywhere in bbpress that it changes cookies, but as you’ll appreciate ‘random’ actions are always the hardest to debug, and I would not rule bbpress out, I’m just struggling to see where it might have the problem.

so to directly answer your question, no idea how you might debug without finding a way to reliabily recreate this.

sleestak
    Participant

@sleestak

A new issue on an old site. It’s probably happening to about 10% of users. The main reason I was thinking it was bbPress is because it is typically happening on new posts and when a user hasn’t been to the site in a while. Yes, would be much easier if I could recreate it! Let me see if I have reports of it happening outside of the forum.

Thanks!

Robin W

@robin-w

do come back if you think I can help further, I know how frustrating these events are !

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar