Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress and PHPBB

• Hi there, yes I’m a noob here and I would like to say that I have been really impressed – after just finding out about wordpress, how simple it all looks.

I’m hoping that someone will be able to answer a question concerning this.

I have a site that it is a bit of a mess and I want to update it so it looks streamlined and funky, my idea was to use the WordPress for the actual main site and the forum to stay they same (in PHPBB already installed) but after reading about it, there have been a few problems – my php is haphazzard to say the least. Does it clash badly?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WP and phpBB … you can probably bend them to your will together if your php mojo is strong indeed.

I would recommend converting your phpBB forum to bbPress using a converter, because WP and bb go together like something awesome with something also very awesome. That’ll make your site look streamlined and funky like anything.

I second that motion… Obviously, on a bbpress board you’re going to get the home team’s opinion that bbpress is great. But, I was a former phpbb-er and I made the switch because I was tired of all of the security holes and spam in phpbb. If you like WordPress (and are proficient enough with PHP to manage a blog), you’ll LOVE bbpress. Plus, with all of the momentum it is gaining, bbpress just keeps getting better.

I used phpbb for about 4 years and once I created a test site of bbPress, I converted over all my forums to bbPress and continue to help support a great product. As far as I can tell, almost all the ‘bloated’ features of phpBB that people love have now become plugins for bbPress, so if you like all or most of those features, you will love bbPress.

Trent

i’d love to use bbpress! Any idea when a phpbb3 converter is being made?

I’d imagine not anytime soon. PHPBB3 is totally bloated… I can think of easier ways though…

majamaki

@majamaki

How is bbPress for a forum just shy of 200,000 posts and over 16,000 members? Can bbPress handle the growth to 500k to 1 million posts? Are there any good plugins/mods that help sync user data and unify the experience?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar