Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress 3.4; /forums extremly slow

• thefairystamp

@thefairystamp

Hey,

I tried the last few days to figure out, what I did wrong. On my test version of WordPress I installed bbpress for development. Everything is working fine there.

For the customer, I installed the latest WordPress 3.4 Release Candidate. But when I tried to call */forums, the request slows down and All I get is the theader element. I can get to single forums, topics etc, but I cannot see the whole forums.

Any Idea how to solve this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• thefairystamp

@thefairystamp

/push – it is very important for me to solve this problem, but I’m absolutely clueless. I updated today from RC1 to RC3 and still have the same problem.

Check your error logs. Try turning wp_debug on and see if that spills any problems.

Steve
    Participant

@steveatty

What I found was that going to a specific Post was OK but the further and further up the Forum tree I went the slower it got until eventually it dies with:

[13-May-2012 14:13:33] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in /webstuff/wordbooker/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-forum-template.php on line 554

[13-May-2012 14:14:10] PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in /webstuff/wordbooker/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-forum-template.php on line 173

I actually raised this over on the main WP forums back in May because here always seems to be over-run with spam but I guess no-one checks over there.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar