Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

woocommerce membership plugin does not work with participant role bbpress

• mariekekarssen
    Participant

@mariekekarssen

I have communicated and struggled with this issue for weeks now with Woocommerce, but after much trial and error this is the short version:

I have a website with woocommerce/woocommercemembership and subscriptions. The subscribed members automatically also have a buddypress profile and access to bbpres forums. Non subscribed people can look at the forums, but you have to be a member to participate.

This works great on the subscribing side, a little less great but managable on the buddypress side, because cancelled orders still get a profile, but that’s an admin job of once a week, but.. i really have an issue with bbpress, because the membership plugin is able to create also other membership privileges and content and that does not work if the member has a forum role of participant. If i make every member a moderator (would not know how to do that automatically by the way) then all membershipplugin functionality works great. Can anyone help me here? Woocommerce is searching too.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

because the membership plugin is able to create also other membership privileges and content and that does not work if the member has a forum role of participant.

can you give us specific examples of what this means

mariekekarssen
    Participant

@mariekekarssen

Thank you for your reply. My next question is: how bad is it if all members become moderators? Can I change what a moderator can do? Even if only by template change.

Robin W

@robin-w

all the bbpress roles just consist of ‘capabilities’ ie a user can do a, b, and c.

Moderators have more capabilities than participants, so if you change what a moderator can do to make it look like a participant, then you will just go back to the same problem.

Without know what membership privileges and content are affected (my previous question) I can’t help further.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar