Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

With update to 2.6, bbPress content is not visible in SearchWP search

• LucasHilty
    Participant

@lucashilty

First, thanks very much to the team for your work on bbPress. Our educational community has benefited.

We use a combination of SearchWP and FacetWP to power search on our site. This is set up to pull in forums, topics, and replies, along with other post types. With the update to 2.6, the forum content disappeared from search results. I have rolled back to 2.5.14 and search results are working again.

I’m wondering if you have any suggestions for what change in 2.6 might have altered this behavior.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• LucasHilty
    Participant

@lucashilty

I can confirm that the issue continues in 2.6.1.

Advansys
    Participant

@advansys

I have the same problem, although I haven’t rolled back yet to test the earlier version. When doing a search, the summary of hits is displayed (twice – I guess that’s for top and bottom of results list) and yet there is no search results content listed for these hits.

i.e. the search results looks like this:

Viewing 15 results – 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

Viewing 15 results – 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I am using GD Power Search for bbPress and I think it is OK. The only thing for me is that some of the items in the list seem to have white text rather than black. Most have black text. If I go to the item in question via the link it shows with black text. So I don’t know why it changes.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Sorted my issue. I forgot to add styling for bbp-topic-content classes! Doh!

Advansys
    Participant

@advansys

I should qualify that our site is not using any third party search plugin with bbPress and yet I’m seeing this issue. I will roll back to bbPress 2.5.14 to see if the issue resolves and report back.

Advansys
    Participant

@advansys

Our site has a different problem to the issue which initiated this thread. After reverting to bbPress 2.5.14, the missing search content still persists. I don’t know when this issue appeared. No errors in the logs nor in the inspector console.

Will need to start the next level of troubleshooting.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar