Categories
Search
Bottom

Wishlist is causing the original topic to be suppressed for regular subscribers

• Martyn Chamberlin
    Participant

@martyn-chamberlin

Hi guys,

I’m at my wit’s end on this one. bbPress, when it is the only active plugin, works great. But when I activate Wishlist Member, regular WP subscriber accounts are not able to see the original topic in a single topic view. But they *can* see the replies to that topic. It’s the weirdest thing. Admins can see everything just fine.

I’ve gone through all the version of WL access settings to none avail. Just having WL activated, regardless of my WL permission settings (believe me, I’ve tried the whole range), is messing this up.

I’ve tried every single checkbox in the “repair relationships” at Tools > Forums to none avail.

I’ve taken a 100% fresh installation of WP and this problem isn’t an issue there, so it’s telling me that something is badly wrong somewhere in our preexisting database. I just wish I knew what, and how to fix it.

I’m guessing this probably requires a thorough understanding of how bbPress works. Happy to provide backend access and happy to pay. Just need to get this fixed.

I’ve talked with Wishlist support and they weren’t helpful. They mentioned moving to Simple:Press but Simple:Press is just so ugly compared with bbPress.

Help! Any suggestions?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I think this is a known issue with a resolution – see the last post in this thread

https://wishlistproducts.zendesk.com/entries/457628-Integration-with-bbpress-

Do come back if that doesn’t fix.

Martyn Chamberlin
    Participant

@martyn-chamberlin

That did the trick! Awesome. Thanks so much.

Another quick question here. I’ve set all of my forums to private so that you have to be logged in in order to see them. I’m noticing however that this does not protect a certain view. Under Settings -> Forums there is a setting titled “Forum Root”. If you set this to “forums”, for example, then people can visit example.com/forums/ and view all topics that have ever been created, even if all your forums are set to private. The good news is that when they click on a given topic, they’re sent to a 404 page. But any ideas how we can make even /forums/ suppressed from folks who aren’t logged in?

Robin W

@robin-w

That shouldn’t happen – what other plugins do you have installed?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar