Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Will bbpress plugin make my WordPress site slow?

• OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

I have a few sites running on WordPress. I love the simplicity and the expandability. However, I have experienced that the more plugins I add, the slower the site becomes. Techies tell me that this is because WordPress loads all the plugins every time a page loads.

My question is that if I install bbpress, will it make my WordPress site slow? Specifically, when I am on WordPress pages (not the bbpress part), will the bbpress code still be loaded?

Additionally, I have found that buddypress has this fatal flaw in that it wipes out the whole WordPress cache (not just buddypress parts) whenever someone logs in. Is this true for bbpress as well? I use a cheap shared host, and my site can not survive without caching as static, so this is critical…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

NO, bbPress really shouldn’t slow your site down any more than adding in the same amount of pages to your site as the amount of topics and replies you have in your forums.

That is the nice part about bbPress. It basically used custom post-types and is totally native WordPress code.

There is no extra code loaded that I am aware of, other than a small javascript file, which is only loaded on bbPress pages anyhow.

No idea on the cache part, so can’t help there as I don’t use cache plugins.

OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

Thanks, anointed! That helps.

Can someone please chime in on the caching aspect?

Erlend
    Participant

@sadr

I could swear I saw John write somewhere that bbPress 2.0 was successfully working with W3 Total Cache, but don’t take my word for it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar