Why you choose this complicated scheme ?
I’m a WP developer, and i tried recently to integrate the bbPress with a wordpress theme, and i can understand why there’s 3 post-types (forums + topics + replies ), why not just one post-type (topic) and forum can be just (taxonomy) related to this post-type and then replies are just normal comments (make the “topic” post-type support comments). that make a lot of thing mush easier.
– like comment/replies moderation.
– manage the forums (taxonnomies) easly.
– reduce the DB size and benefits from the taxonomies, posts, comments tables instead of push everything in posts table which is the largest table.
– and this make the bbPress super easy to integrates with themes. (its just post-type :)).
Is there a purpose from going on this complicated way ???
Anyway thank you for this great plugin, em truly appreciate this effort
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.