Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why Key Masters?

• Greets:

Just curious. Why the term key master? First time I saw it, I was having flashbacks of Ghostbusters. While I understand the term key and it’s use here to some extent, it’s just rather strange to me.

Someone have a thing for Sigourney Weaver maybe?

Just wondering.

-drmike

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First time I saw it, I was having flashbacks of Ghostbusters.

Hahaha.

I think, because it represents .. the “one that holds the key” for the whole forum itself.. I could be wrong though…

spencerp

You got it: Ghostbusters. No other reason.

Now let’s call version 1.0 Gozer :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/trailers-screenplay-X31785-10-2 for who never seen the movie

Ghostbusters eh, for once here I was trying to sound/post something intelligent, and the answer came back for something not as such.. Can’t win for losing I guess.. LOL!

spencerp

wittmania

@wittmania

Will there also be a corresponding “gate keeper” title in 1.0? Just curious.

I don’t mind cutesy names that appear only behind the scenes, but since the role “Key Master” gets displayed to end users, it might be helpful if it were called something more intuitive. Users may grasp the Admin > Moderator > Member > Inactive > Blocked hierarchy, but probably not that there’s a Key Master who rules them all. “Superadmin,” maybe?

Just a suggestion. I guess as a workaround I’ll create a new Key Master account and downgrade my usual account to “Admin.”

Why don’t you just set your custom title to “Supermegaadmin”? That should get the message across without needing you to make a new account. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar