Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why integrate?

• Is the only reason people want to integrate the two is for cross users? If I dont care about sharing the database for users then cant i simply edit my bbpress theme to match my wordpress theme and then cross link them?

Can I integrate posts without integration and sharing the database?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Q1 – many people want to share user details, share WordPress and bbPress functions and get a similar look between WordPress and bbPress.

Q2. Yes. One problem arises when you want your navigation from WordPress to be present in bbPress. Most people want to do that with wp_list_pages or get_header or something, and those functions aren’t normally available in bbPress unless you integrate somehow. If you just want a link back to the WordPress site in bbPress, you can just edit your template files. Getting current navigation in bbPress that matches your WordPress site is harder and some people like to do “deep integration” to have access to WordPress functions in bbPress. If you don’t care about that, don’t integrate.

Q3. Yes. It’s a little harder but will probably have a better end result. There were a couple of bbPress <> WordPress plugins, but they’re out of date now. If you post what you mean by “integrate posts” someone will help with how to do that without resorting to integration.

green_complex

@green_complex

This answered my question.

I wanted single sign on, and this won’t work.

SMF will let me use Facebook and Twitter API, if I can’t use the same user instance I might as well go with an a forum that is more popular and strip it down to what I need… and I can bridge the users….

maybe I just won’t use a forum…..

http://green.cx

What do you think? Does my site warrant a forum??

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> I wanted single sign on, and this won’t work.

Where did I say that, or where did you read that? I don’t think I ever said it. That’s one of the main benefits of integration, single sign on, and pittsleyb didn’t need that, so I didn’t even address it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar