Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Why back up your files and your database in case something goes wrong?

• OK, I know is hard for you guys dealing with the same dumb questions from ignorants like me about databases, upgrading and messing things up. Thats why you are so specials and thats why we all want our own forums to return the favor to other people. Thanks bbpress community for doing this for free while that guy Matt is making millions with WP.

Now the questions:

Things were wrong while upgrading, but the database is still in place and I have the back up of the database in my PC.

Can I reinstall a broken installation in the same directory with the same database (Version 0.94)?

Or can I install version 1.0 in the same directory using the old database?

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

> Can I reinstall a broken installation in the same directory with the same database (Version 0.94)?

Yes. You can just use the old program files in the directory, with your old database.

> Or can I install version 1.0 in the same directory using the old database?

If you are going to do this, you are basically upgrading your old installation (old database, installing new files.)

It might be better to try and figure out what went wrong than burn the house down and start over from scratch.

Topic resolved.

Thanks Mr. Chrishajer

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar