Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Whose online / forum stats

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

There are lots of discussions about this.

Pretty much all plugins are three versions of wp out of date. I don’t know which are stable to use. Since they are exposing source code I wonder if they can be updated?

Or is there a known up to date way to do this?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

plugins are open source so written for free. Plugin authors can get overwhelmed by support requests, and this often leads them to abandon plugins – that doesn’t mean that they don’t work or need updating – most work perfectly well.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Yeah, that is understandable.

In bbp style pack it lists a few other plugins. I wonder if we could indicate any that won’t work with the latest bbp build.

Also, if it is not maintained I guess there is no where to ask for help.

I understand people getting overwhelmed.

But I tend not to install plugins that say they are not supported.

Was thinking of:

bbPress Advanced Statistics

Andrew

Robin W

@robin-w

in style pack, I just list plugins I have found and used on client sites, and were working at the Time of testing. I can’t say if they still work, and sorry don’t have time to test regularly 🙂

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Understood. I know some php and know c++ and this tool looked not too much code. But then I don’t know the mechanics of BBPress and don’t really know how to debug properly except by trial and error for php.

I might just try the tool on my staging site.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok

The only plugin that does what you need is my GD bbPress Toolbox Pro: https://plugins.dev4press.com/gd-bbpress-toolbox/ and if you want, I can set demo website for you to test it.

Regards,
    Milan

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Thanks. I am afraid I am not in a position to purchase this plugin. Sorry.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar