Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Which plugins do you recommend to use?

• Hello everyone!

I am creating a fishing forum! Of course on the bbpress :)!

I would like to ask what plugins do you recommend to use (which should be mandatory…I mean for security and antispam) and which do you recomend to use (to make the forum interesting)…? I would like to allow users to upload pictures and files to articles and pictures to their profiles! And how to properly activate the plugins!

Thank you!

Niks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Michael
    Participant

@michael888

Hi :)

Well, for a start, if you have a WordPress.com username, you must enable Akismet – it’s the best spam protection you’ll get. I also recommend ‘Human Test for bbPress’ – also good for security.

Here’s a list of the plugins I recommend: (I may miss some because I don’t use all of them, obviously) Items marked with a star are quite important, in your case.

1. Allow Images *

2. Avatar Upload *

3. bbPM (for Personal Messages)

4. bbPress Moderation Suite (not always used in some forums, but very handy to have)

5. bbPress Smilies *

6. bb Topic Icons

7. bb Topic Icons/Support Forum Connector (comes with the above plugin)

8. Burning Tags

9. The MyViews Suite

10. bbPages

11. Project Honey Pot (Spam protection, prevents spam users from registering)

12. Signatures

There are plenty more, but those are my most common ones.

Hope that helps a little. :)

Michael R, just wondering why you starred some of those plugins.

What does the * mean?

Markus Pezold
    Participant

@markus-pezold

Items marked with a star are quite important, in your case.

:) – hmm … I thinkMichael means these three plugins are the basis for an “interesting” forum.

The original poster specified that s/he “would like to allow users to upload pictures and files to articles and pictures to their profiles!”

So I figured the stars referred to plugins that would enable picture/file uploads to posts and the profile!

Hi !

Thank you!

I am a beginner in all this so how to properly activate the plugins? I just have to copy them in folder my plugins?

Here are the instructions on installing plugins!

https://bbpress.org/documentation/customization/

Michael
    Participant

@michael888

:) – hmm … I thinkMichael means these three plugins are the basis for an “interesting” forum.

I was actually in a rush when I posted this – did not mark everything that I thought should have a star. :)

So, the Moderation Suite and Project Honey Pot should also be marked – but I can’t edit it now…

@NiksE: Also remember: Don’t be like me and use almost every plugin there is – well I’ve removed many of mine. Just use the plugins that you think will be good for YOUR forum. Also, what do you think your users will want?

Thanks! Good list, btw. There were some that I didn’t know about or didn’t know they were compatible with the current version.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar