Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Where you can see bbpress update changes

• Danishsard
    Participant

@danishsard

Hello, where can you see what code and file changes are made in each bbpress update?

I have a forum on bbpress https://infomiasto.eu/forum/tematy/rozmowy/ but if the update is manual changes to the code will be lost – I want to see where the code changes during each update.

My page template has something such that I always see what code and where it changes on the wordpress page in bbpress, I don’t know where to look for such information if you wanted to manually paint it in the template. I am asking for help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

if you mean the files in /templates then you can amend these and put them in your child theme

You can copy all the templates across, but you only need to copy those that you want to change, and it is better just to do this, as then you know which you have altered.

so if you wanted to amend loop-single-forum you would do the following

create a directory on your theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php
    Make a copy of this file, and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php
    bbPress will now use this template instead of the original
    and you can amend this

Robin W

@robin-w

but in general terms, then no you cannot see a list of changes

Danishsard
    Participant

@danishsard

I mean if where is the list of changes published bbpress codes to know what codes are where found in what line changed etc.

For example, the page template has visible changes https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/111632/anima/1.4.0?old&old_path=%2Fanima%2F1.3.0.2

Is somewhere the same thing about bbpress?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, no idea 🙁

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar