Categories
Search
Bottom

Where is my forum?

• lornalily
    Participant

@lornalily

Hi,

Can someone tell me where to get the info for setting up and configuring this forum. I activated it and went to settings and then forum, but where is the forum? And how do I make choices of what it looks like or where it should sit on my site?

Hope someone can show me where to find this info.

thanks 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

I suggest that you read up on the basics of bbPress in the documentation. A good place to start out for you would probably be here:
    https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started-with-bbpress/

Also, for showing the forums on a page, you could create a page and use the shortcodes to show the index and such. You’ll find the shortcodes here:
    https://codex.bbpress.org/shortcodes/

lornalily
    Participant

@lornalily

lornalily
    Participant

@lornalily

Thanks so much Trifon,

Hmmmm it seems you need to understand code to use this plugin.
    1. Should I put all of those codes in a page? (I bet I’m sounded very stupid)

2. If I add the code to a page, and then adjust and create forums as per the getting started link – will they then all appear on the page?

🙂

m4j4
    Participant

@m4j4

Hi, Trifon,

I also have trouble installing bbpress in my WordPress.

I do follow the instructions on https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started-with-bbpress/

1. I go to the Add plugin section.
    2. I find bbpress.
    3. I install it.
    4. I activate it (Here, when clicling the Activate button for the first time, the system says “You do not have the priviliges …”,, so I click the Activate button again and then it works. So I do manage to install bbpress. It is visible in the list of my plugins. Everything seems OK.)
    5. But the problem is that bbpress does not appear in Settings sections (menu of wordpress on the left). So I do not know how ta access it, work with it.

I would be greatfull for some further instructions.

lornalily
    Participant

@lornalily

HI m4j4, for some reason my forum just appeared after a while, along with the topics tab and the replies tab.

Now i have ti figure out how to configure 🙂

Perhaps after you install you need to clear your caches? I’m sure Trifon will have better advice then that though.

how i wish for a video to show me how to build the forum on a page 🙂

m4j4
    Participant

@m4j4

hi, lornalily, I have followed your advice and cleard caches but the bbpress is still not visible anywhere on the left menu of WP.

hopefully, Trifon has some idea what to do.

mlfant
    Participant

@mlfant

Why hasn’t anyone gotten back with a suggestion at least lol? I’m having the same issue. bbPress is supposed to create three custom post types to get the user started creating a forum, and I don’t see the three either. And it isn’t just a theme issue. I’ve installed on three separate themes and it has always failed to produce the three custom post types.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar