Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Whats my best course of action?

• Alex

@hempsworth

I haven’t used bbPress in a while and I’ve just started thinking about using it again. A few months ago it was relatively easy to integrate bbPress and WordPress, from what I’ve been reading in the forums, things have changed.

With the incorporation of ‘backPress’ etc, what’s my best bet for setting up a new site with bbPress and WordPress sharing users and cookies?

I’d really like to use the latest version of WordPress, is there a certain changeset of bbPress I should use?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Build 1075 of the trunk will work with WordPress 2.5 and matches the new password method. There is also talk of some kind of bbPress updated release around or with WP 2.5

Either way you are covered – just don’t modify core files (only templates and plugins) and you should be okay. You’ll only have to do a small edit to the config.php (bb-config.php) file when the time comes to match the secret key in WP to BB.

Alex

@hempsworth

Well I used the current trunk version of WP, and 1075 of BB, installation went fine (nice new installer helped integration along nicely). Thanks for the help!

But, I am getting an error at the top of each page in bbPress:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/path/to/forum/bb-settings.php on line 294

(Path to bb-settings.php removed)

Is this a known issue? What could I do to resolve it?

Alex

@hempsworth

Also, when I install any plugin I get this and a blank page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path/to/forum/bb-settings.php on line 294

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /path/to/forum/bb-admin/plugins.php on line 7

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Which host are you with, that might be an error from the glob function being using without proper testing to see if it’s supported.

https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/787

Alex

@hempsworth

The fix outlined in the ticket fixes my problem, thanks for your help!

Alex

@hempsworth

By the way, the article you reference in the link above (http://bbshowcase.org/forums/topic/better-bbpress-wordpress-integration-the-missing-faq)

Are all of the steps still necessary? Or are some of them no longer needed due to the new integration options during bbPress installation?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar