Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What theme does this site use?

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • bbpress.org is using a customized theme of bbPress 2.1 to showcase the features available, at this time it is not available for download though.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’ll likely open-source the theme in a few weeks.

Biggerplay
    Participant

@biggerplay

Is this theme available now? BBPress looks great, but it seems hard to find themes that work well for it.

TheDigitalWave
    Participant

@thedigitalwave

Would love to use this theme on our passivepeeps.com membership site. Any update on releasing theme for public use?

HTK
    Participant

@htk

Is this still happening? I really like the layout of it.

HTK
    Participant

@htk

bump

spunkygidget
    Participant

@spunkygidget

me too! I’m a ux designer, and can’t find a suitable theme after installing based on loving the UX of this demo forum! would LOVE to be able to use the theme of bbpress.org, and believe it would do wonders to continue to propagate the use of the system!

HTK
    Participant

@htk

I agree, some of us have been waiting for over a year. They said they would release it numerous times and still nothing unfortunately…

sunilsahu
    Participant

@sunilsahu

how do i set my sidebar as bbpress and display the latest post in center with no right sidebar

masada
    Participant

@masada

When will this theme be available for download?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I’ll update this topic when it’s available. Until then, assume it’s not.

For what it’s worth, bbPress.org uses less than 500 extra lines of HTML and CSS to look how it does compared to an out-of-the-box install. Pretty minimal planning and effort goes a long way.

hypedtext
    Participant

@hypedtext

+1

• This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by hypedtext.

masada
    Participant

@masada

Can we see those 500 lines? 🙂

the1path
    Participant

@the1path

+1

rixtertrader
    Participant

@rixtertrader

I’m new and I’m baffled. Information overload.

I’ve just added the bbPress plugin to my site because I need a simple BB type forum where you have TOPICS and posts under those topics.

I need it to look like a regular BB type.

This site shows an example of what type of forum I really need to create for my WordPress installation that was done by another type of software.

http://www.csharpforums.net/forum.php

Unfortunately, my forum looks more like BLOG posts within that narrow main column (what is that, 640 width?) within my wide monitors. That’s fine for other sections of my WP site, but not the forum part I want within WP.

Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks.

applesqaz
    Participant

@applesqaz

yea i installed it and it looks pretty bad on mine.

When you download it you think its going to look like this site and thats what draws people in buy when they install it I think everyone of them is disappointed.

I dont get why you dont release this theme. People are asking for it and want to use BBpress but they stop using it cause all the other themes are sh!t. This is the only nice theme and only reaon i consider bbpress.

If you dont wanna give it away for free put a price on it and let us buy it.

what is the advantage of withholding it, how does it help you spread the bbpress word. If it was released more sites would run bbpress

masada
    Participant

@masada

I agree. This theme would spread the word and it would encourage people to try bbpress.

applesqaz
    Participant

@applesqaz

yep currently i have no reason to use BBpress. The above reply or elese where on the forum is that it is only 500 lines of code. Okay thanks no thanks.

Im here to download and use this program as how the demo look, not how it looks minus 500 lines of code. You could write Download BBPress minus 500 lines of code see how many download.

Like I said Im willing to pay for theme. I dont see logic of withholding it. All it does is make me forget about bbpress. Not everyone installing these scripts is a programmer / designer. 500 lines might as well be 1 million to me and others.

I thank the guys who created this for their great effor, it looks nice.

burakbirer
    Participant

@burakbirer

Is it avalaible now? This is the only theme that would work for our forum. Thanks,
    This should be the default install out of box 🙂

I use bbPress on several sites and none of theme have had any problems with the theme. As JJJ mentioned above, it works pretty much out of the box with most themes, and if it doesn’t, it’s usually because of one of two things:

1. It’s not setup correctly
    2. The theme is poorly written

JJJ is not with holding the theme. He writes it (and bbPress) in his spare time.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

The goal of bbPress is not to have a bunch of bbpress.org clones out in the wild. If what you want is exactly what we have here, we’re flattered, and we’ll share it at our leisure. Until then, you have 95% of the necessary code in front of you, you just need to use it.

If you don’t know how, learn! Don’t want to learn? Hire someone to do it for you. It’s like changing your oil, painting your house, or cooking your dinner; if you can’t do it, someone out there can, will, and wants to.

P.S. – Getting upset at someone you want something from is a strange way to convince them to give it to you.

Olivier Lettinga
    Participant

@olivier-lettinga

I would also like to utilize this theme, or atleast one like this. Especially because it uses lists instead of tables.
    Is there any other basic theme with lists?

Olivier Lettinga
    Participant

@olivier-lettinga

The new version of bbpress has lists instead of tables and looks allot more like this theme now! YAY!

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar