Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

what is the theme used here at bbpress official community forum?

• Helmuts
    Participant

@hmprivate

good morning, what is the theme (is there one at all) used here at bbpress official community forum?

really like the approach 🙂

thank you,
    Helmuts

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Often asked, but I’ve never seen a response form the plugin authors

Helmuts
    Participant

@hmprivate

😀 you would make a great politician 😉 jokes aside 🙂 tx for the answer, H

The theme used here on bbpress.org is called bbpress-org, the theme used on buddypress.org is called buddypress-org, I see a pattern emerging, the theme used on codex.bbpress.org is called codex-bbpress-org, the theme used on codex.buddypress.org is called codex-buddypress-org, there is a pattern here :shakes fist: ;P

Along with the above, each of those themes is a WordPress child theme, the parent theme is named bb-base, as you can see below per the announcement blog posts all the above parent and child themes and plugins used on all the sites were “open sourced” back in March 2014

Open Sourcing bbPress.org

Open Sourcing BuddyPress.org

The above posts also link to the source repos, there is also a new child theme that is now used on the bbPress 2.x powered https://wordpress.org/support/ forums and an even newer evolution of this theme is being worked on for the updated redesign of the WordPress forums, you can even sneak a peak at the new design by visiting this URL: https://wordpress.org/support/?new-theme=1

The updates to all of the above and the migration of the WordPress Support Forums to bbPress 2.x, rather 2.6-alpha is one of the reasons bbPress 2.6 isn’t out yet, it’s because we’re making sure bbPress 2.6 will be the best it possibly can be, and by deploying it on wordpress.org and the ensued battle testing of it that has been taking place we’ve got a few things to do before we can say bbPress 2.6 is ready to be released.

Robin W

@robin-w

timsilva_
    Participant

@timsilva_

I have wondered this myself, nice to see that these themes are publicly available. 🙂

MichaelBakerDigital
    Participant

@bakermedia

How would you go about downloading and using the theme?

MichaelBakerDigital
    Participant

@bakermedia

I have a new forum going here an I find the theme and functionality to be awkward in a few ways: https://www.michaelbakerdigital.com

Certain things I love but the flow of this forum is much nicer. Any help is appreciated.

StudentFilmmakers
    Participant

@studentfilmmakers

I am frustrated with the lack of layout and theme availability for the bbpress. Yes, there are a hundred thousand themes you can use it with but a lot of them are only visually pleasing and not really made for functionality. What really bothers me is the use of the grey text that looks great aesthetically but it is not for reading. I am sure there is a way I can change the grey text and make the nice background show up after the post. I just have to find the person who can tell me where to edit this in the theme or style sheet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I like the way this forums looks. Is there a link I can download the them at. The link above is not in my face understandable for me. Here is it https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/browser/sites/trunk/buddypress.org/public_html/wp-content/themes
    What can I do to make this work as a theme. The steps to make this happen would be appreciated greatly. Have a great day and God bless.

Robin W

@robin-w

@studentfilmmakers As a start try using this plugin to style your bbpress.

bbp style pack

then come back with any further queries

MichaelBakerDigital
    Participant

@bakermedia

Any help in acquiring the style used here?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar