Skip to:

What is the opposite of “deep integration”?

  • When the only integration is single-signon through the cookie… what do you call that?

    I’ve heard it called a bunch of things:

    * shallow integration

    * simple integration

    * regular integration

    * standalone integration

    Wondering if one of these terms emerging as the standard… what do you guys call this type of integration?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

  • Sam Bauers


    I tend to use these terms and they are all potentially mutually exclusive, no one type of integration absolutely depends on the other although the first one generally requires the second one to work (99.9% of the time).

    • Cookie integration – Sharing of login cookies with WordPress
    • User database integration – Sharing of user data tables with WordPress
    • Deep integration – Including the WordPress codebase (PHP) inside bbPress to allow use of WordPress functions inside bbPress

    Sam Bauers


    By the way, I don’t like supporting the last one. But I am.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar