Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

What is Happening Here? Index Problem…

• Primus Palus
    Participant

@primus-palus

I have created a new bbpress forum on my site. If I click on the link through the top menu I get this:

If I click on the announcements section/forum/category… I get this:

I want the index to show up the same as the in forum view. But it seems to be not wanting to work right. I’m also unable to override the background image for that page for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated. I’m at a point now where I’m about to install a different forum and just use it on a sub-domain with no integration with WordPress. This is the second forum I’ve gone through and it’s annoying that there isn’t some simplicity here.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Given this is the second forum you’ve tried, I’d bet that your issues are theme rather than forum related !

can you give a url, or tell us what theme you’re using?

Primus Palus
    Participant

@primus-palus

Ok, so in messing around with everything… it seems like the forum is making the first “forum” transparent, then the next with a white background. The next is transparent, the next white. Similar to how a forum treats posts where the first is white, the reply is grey, the next reply is white, etc to not confuse someone into thinking it’s all one post.

How do I make the forum treat each “forum” (sub) the same? Is this all theme related?

The theme I am using is called Explicit… and the url to my forum is here (test site):

http://www.betatestarena.com/forums/

The first forum was BurnZone and it was having a plugin error that wasn’t communicating with their website. Apparently to register there, and it is supposed to communicate with your site/page to display certain content. Not at all convenient. I’d much prefer everything be working directly on my site and all settings edited there.

Primus Palus
    Participant

@primus-palus

AHA. I found an option within the theme to set the forum to be “box wrapped”. So now it shows up how I would have wanted. Crisis #1 averted. Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

Great, glad you’re fixed !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar