Search
Bottom

Visual pbs ?

• matevoun
    Participant

@matevoun

Hi,

i’ve got some visual problems :

• Each time i push a picture, this code appears : “[Caption id=”xxxx” align=”aligncenter” width=”468″> xxxxxxxxxx (…) [/caption]“, but if i keep this, this will be printed online. I need to delete this caption insert for better visuals. Is it normal ?
    • The user avatar in forum list (for example) is smaller than it will be. Normal ?
    • Each post modification is notified under the post… But if i edit 15 times a post, it will be 15 rows about this modifications ?
    • In responsive mode (mobile), the post height is mid-screen only… It’s difficult to read… any idea ?

You can check this on our forum here :
    -=> Forums Saint-Antonin

Thank you for your help.
    Sorry for my English, i’m French. 🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• matevoun
    Participant

@matevoun

Not any idea ?

Robin W

@robin-w

lots of questions !

1. ◾Each time i push a picture, this code appears : “[Caption id=”xxxx” align=”aligncenter” width=”468″> xxxxxxxxxx (…) [/caption]“, but if i keep this, this will be printed online. I need to delete this caption insert for better visuals. Is it normal ?

I don’t know what you are doing to create the picture – please describe your steps

2. ◾The user avatar in forum list (for example) is smaller than it will be. Normal ?

yes that is normal. To amend it you would need to amedn a template. If you confirm that you have and know how to use FTP, I will give you some instructions

3. ◾Each post modification is notified under the post… But if i edit 15 times a post, it will be 15 rows about this modifications ?

if you install my style pack plugin

bbp style pack

then once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp Style Pack>topic/reply styling item 12 you can limit the number shown and if you go to
    dashboard>settings>bbp Style Pack>topic/topic/reply form items 7 & 8 let you switch off this feature

4. ◾In responsive mode (mobile), the post height is mid-screen only… It’s difficult to read… any idea ?

I tried it – it seemed easy to read to me – please explain exactly what you want

matevoun
    Participant

@matevoun

Hi,

thank you for your help 🙂

Then, now :

1/ I think this is because i’ve installed bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab plugin, but i need this for uploading new media… 🙁

2/ Yes, tell me what can i do… 🙂

3/ Done ! Thank you ! I’ve installed your plugin. 😉

4/ I think this is a too little for texte + avatar.

How can i do now ?

Robin W

@robin-w

From @matevoun

Then, now :

1/ I think this is because i’ve installed bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab plugin, but i need this for uploading new media… 🙁

2/ Yes, tell me what can i do… 🙂

3/ Done ! Thank you ! I’ve installed your plugin. 😉

4/ I think this is a too little for texte + avatar.

How can i do now ?

Hope to read you soon…

1. As a test deactivate that plugin and see if it works without. If so re-enable and contact that plugins author

2. for the forum list

create a directory on your theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php
    Make a copy of this file, and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/loop-single-forum.php
    bbPress will now use this template instead of the original
    and you can amend this

so change line 68
    <span class="bbp-topic-freshness-author"><?php bbp_author_link( array( 'post_id' => bbp_get_forum_last_active_id(), 'size' => 14 ) ); ?></span>

amend 14 to whatever size you want

3. glad you like it

4. without knowing exactly what you want, I cannot suggest css changes – I suspect we will not fix this one

matevoun
    Participant

@matevoun

1/ If i deactivate this plugin, i can’t upload new media.
    I’m doing differently, i posting via then Control Panel / Topics / New topic.
    But i don”t know how other people on our forum can upload new media without this plugin.

2/ OKI ! Nice !
    I’ve doing it also for loop-single-topic.php, in lines 60 & 98.
    I’m testing with 20 for the size.

3/ Thank you. 🙂

4/ Is it difficult to explain you here, because, we can’t upload on this forum. But i’ve pushed via my mobile on my website for you :

There is few space for text and the topic is not easy to read on mobile.
    As you can see on the second one, my avatar is also a little strange in responsive mode… 🙁

5/ I have no a new question also (number five ;)) :
    I can’t find the “fil d’ariane” (Breadcrumb ?) on the top of my forum.
    I’ve the SEO plugin installed.
    Any idea ?

Robin W

@robin-w

1. I don’t think I can’t help you further
    4. this is theme related and will need css to fix beyond help here – sorry
    5. probably theme related – again I can’t really help

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar