Categories
Search
Bottom

Visual Editor is not working

• viridw
    Participant

@viridw

Hello!
    My visual editor is not working on both Topics and Forums, only buttons above it is add media. But text editor is still working.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• viridw
    Participant

@viridw

I double checked, it is not only forums not working all the pages and post is not working on classic visual editor, I will try to reinstall wordpress

viridw
    Participant

@viridw

ok reinstall wordpress and database didnt work :/

Maybe wordpress 5.9 updated something,

Can anyone suggest me a theme that allowed html formatting tool bar of bbpress work. (Only theme I know that have html tool bar is twenty-twenty one)

Or is there anyway I can enable html formatting tool bar for other theme? (Just make sure I have enable it in the setting but most themes do not seems to have it)

Thanks!

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

@viridw,

I may misunderstand what you’re asking. But assuming you’re enabling the WP visual editor by doing something like this:

function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
        $args['tinymce'] = true;
        return $args;
    }
    add_filter('bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor');

I used to do that, but new WP releases seemed to break it in various ways. And there were other problems primarily with mobile devices. I decided it wasn’t worth the trouble and got rid of it.

Just sharing my experience. Your milage may vary 🙂

viridw
    Participant

@viridw

I have tried that one, but just like what you said, new wordpress seems having some trouble with visual editor XD, anytway, thanks you for sharing your experiences!

Robin W

@robin-w

with wordpress 5.9 this works on my test site

bbp style pack

go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>topic/reply form and look at item 9

viridw
    Participant

@viridw

Thank you Robin, this is what I looking for all the time!

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar