Categories
Search
Bottom

View "featured" topics

• Nermoz
    Participant

@nermoz

Hi There,

On my community site I have multiple forums for different groups and subjects.
    I would like to be able to select a few topics from various forums and showcase them in my homepage (I would like to feature about 5-10 topics). I don’t mind to do this manual work even on a daily basis but I just couldn’t find a feature or plugin that would help me with that.
    Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Moe

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• arunondeck
    Participant

@arunondeck

Hi @nermoz, did you find a solution for this? I am also currently looking for the same

zilveer
    Participant

@zilveer

I have been searching to find such a plugin but haven’t found any.
    Perhaps this could be implemented in the bbPress.

I will check it up and try create a solution for this since it is a good idea.

Nermoz
    Participant

@nermoz

It will be wonderful if you could do something. Unfortunately my code knowledge is too limited. Keep us updated, thanks.

zilveer
    Participant

@zilveer

I promise to check this up when I have time..
    But it could take time.. but it is a lovely feature and I will reply as soon as I have started.

regards

arunondeck
    Participant

@arunondeck

Hi @zilveer were you able to find a solution? If you can make it I am willing to give you a contract. Please let me know how I can get it touch for that.

I’d suggest adding a tag ‘featured’ to the topics you want featured and then use the short code [bbp-single-tag id=$tag_id] to display a list of all topics associated with a specific tag. eg.[bbp-single-tag id=64]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar