Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Videos in BBPress

• Prometheus Fire
    Participant

@prometheus-fire

If this has been answered somewhere, please point me to it, but is there a video solution for BBPress.

Since topics and replies are just custom post types, I thought oembed would work in them, but it doesn’t seem to. I’ve followed both rules for posting a video in a blog post (url on a line by itself, or surrounded by the embed shortcode) and it does nothing.

Is there a plugin solution for this? Or is it already builtin and I’m just suffering from a plugin conflict?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Enable ‘Auto-Embed Links’ from /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=bbpress for YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, etc…) directly into topics and replies.

Prometheus Fire
    Participant

@prometheus-fire

I don’t have that. Is that new in version 2.1?

(the new version breaks my website so I’m using 2.0.3 still until I can troubleshoot and figure out what is wrong)

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It is new in 2.1, which should not ‘break your website.’ If it does, I’d like your help to figure out exactly what’s going on.

Prometheus Fire
    Participant

@prometheus-fire

Finally had a chance to upgrade and test this. New version is working well across the board, but the auto-embed feature doesn’t seem to be working.

All I get are normal active links instead of the embedded video. Tried with Flickr and long links from Youtube. Could this be a plugin conflict? I don’t know how it works internally so I’m not sure how to start troubleshooting it.

Prometheus Fire
    Participant

@prometheus-fire

also, breaking that I experience earlier was more a problem with my theme and buddypress 1.6. I’ve got it all up to date now so it all seems to be working so I’m focusing this thread back onto the video embed issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar