Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Very, very quick question re bbPress database

• slobizman
    Participant

@slobizman

I run a WP install and would like to try bbpress. But my question is, after trying it, should I decide to uninstall it, doe sit leave behind much debris in the WP database? Or does it use it’s own database or set of tables without disturbing the WP database?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Ryan Hellyer
    Participant

@ryanhellyer

If you don’t integrate the users database then bbPress will only be installed in it’s own section of the database, or it could have an entirely separate database so if you do it that way then it’s just a matter of deleting the bbPress specific bits.

If you integrate the user tables then the two sets of users will be merged and removing the bbPress added users could be quite time consuming if you have many forum users. I assume (not 100% sure here) that the only way to remove them would be to manually remove them or to rebuild the WP ones from scratch.

slobizman
    Participant

@slobizman

Thank you very much for your response. I would be integrating (I assume that’s what I’d do if I wanted to have WP users be able to use the same login as the blog users) the two.

Sounds rather messy.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar