Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Vanished Forum but Topics remain – is it a WP 4.8 Issue?

• VinceS2
    Participant

@vinces2

Hi,
    I am using the bbPress forum at the moment for one way communication – later I expect it to become more interactive but for now it is more a record of the underlying story and issues. So I don’t check it often, last time was a month ago. Now it went to 404’s and page missing for everything. So I got the bright idea to run the Tool to repair it and selected everything. Now I only get errors for forums but the topics are working again.

See https://www.vrdriversim.com.au/forums/forum/technical/ for an example of the problem. Here is an excerpt, with myaddress inserted where my actual address was. Its a security thing for the long term.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/myaddress/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php:1800 Stack trace: #0 /home/myaddress/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): bbp_pre_get_posts_normalize_forum_visibility(Object(WP_Query)) #1 /home/myaddress/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #2

Yet in the WP admin panel I can see all the forums and they look fine. Here is an example of a working topic link: https://www.vrdriversim.com.au/forums/topic/green-screening/ which is a topic in the earlier given error example forum link.

I am also struggling to find exactly where the real files should be, so I can look there and see if they exist, or deal with restoring from back-ups, which I have, if necessary – once I understand what has gone wrong here in the first place! Could it be WP 4.8? I am on php 7.0.21, Apache server

And yes, I did disable all other plugins before writing this, although it made no apparent difference. I turned them all back on, still the same.

PS: Just reading other topics and I should add – over the last few days I have regularly deactivated and reactivated bbPress as part of working with the author of another plugin to find out why their admin panel is behaving weirdly (basically scripts not running without a page refresh or at all). So does deactivating bbPress break it at some level? Seems it does for others, sometimes. Me too? How or how fix is the more important q – stopping the behaviour comes later…

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar