Bottom

Vanilla Forums Importer needs this

• sdeeds
    Participant

@sdeeds

SMF to BBPress – error utf8mb4

SMF to BBPress – error utf8mb4

I am getting the same error as this post identifies:

WordPress database error: [Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes]
    CREATE TABLE wp_bbp_converter_translator ( meta_id mediumint(8) unsigned not null auto_increment, value_type varchar(25) null, value_id bigint(20) unsigned not null default '0', meta_key varchar(255) null, meta_value varchar(255) null, PRIMARY KEY (meta_id), KEY value_id (value_id), KEY meta_join (meta_key(191), meta_value(191)) ) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;

But for Vanilla. It looks like an update to the importer is all that it took to fix this,

@netweb
    , @johnjamesjacoby

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time!!

— sdeeds

WP Version 4.9.1
    Vanilla Version 2.3.1
    bbPress Version 2.5.14

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• sdeeds
    Participant

@sdeeds

Also, line 4 of the Vanilla file states:
    * Implementation of Vanilla 2.0.18.1 Converter

So I wonder if maybe this importer doesn’t work with recent versions of Vanilla?

Apologies for the late reply, there hasn’t been many requests to update the Vanilla importer, what I’ve done with most importers is when asked I’ll update it to the latest, in this case I’d checkout what the latest 2.x version is and add any updates as needed, for the most part there is usually not many changes as major database changes typically only occur in “major” releases, so if Vanilla 3.x is out, there would be a high change some SQL changes would be in that release.

Grab the latest bbPress RC-5 zip from the downloads page https://bbpress.org/download

The “Specified key was too long” error you mentioned has been fixed in this release along with loads of importer improvements.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar