Categories
Search
Bottom

Using wp_head within bbPress

• Ryan Hellyer
    Participant

@ryanhellyer

Hi,

I’m running the latest 1.0 Alpha release.

I’ve set up deep integration which works okay. However, for some reason wp_head does not seem to be working at all.

Any ideas on how to use wp_head within bbPress?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Howdy, it’s my understanding that when integrating like that the wp actions and filters are no longer valid. wp_head() just calls do_action(‘wp_head’). If there’s nothing hooked up to ‘wp_head’ any more, nothing happens.

Could be.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Well, I think that with 1.0a6 it works, because I’m using it with deep integration and it seems to be working just fine. The order that they’re loaded in could be an issue however, as I’ve experienced some issues that I haven’t been able to troubleshoot effectively yet.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

When you load WordPress inside bbPress, it is detected and all WordPress filters are cleared, including default filters. This means that most of what wp_head() usually does won’t happen. It’s the wrong thing to do in any case as the wrong RSS and XML-RPC links will get inserted for a start.

Having said that, using a plugin in bbPress you can easily add filters back in to wp_head().

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@Sam

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but if you check out http://www.delsolownersclub.com/forums/, the links for the feeds from WordPress seem to point exactly where they should.

The only problem that I had personally was using wp_enqueue_script('jquery'); in my wordpress functions.php file. I replaced it with

if (!defined('BB_PATH')) {
    wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
    }

And all is well again.

Ryan Hellyer
    Participant

@ryanhellyer

Thanks for input everyone :) Sorry for the delay in replying, my web host decided to mess up my site and fixing it has taken up all my time recently.

I guess I’ll have to find an alternative way to get the information out that I want then if wp_head isn’t going to work.

Come on, there has to be a way to do this!

It worked fine for me with the current stable release, but the login was broken, so I installed the unstable. The login started working, but wp_head() stopped.

bb-config.php:

include('../wp-config.php');

/**
    * The base configurations of bbPress.
    * This file has the following configurations: MySQL settings, Table Prefix,
    * Secret Keys and bbPress Language. You can get the MySQL settings from your
    * web host.
    * This file is used by the installer during installation.
    * @package bbPress
    */

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
    /** The name of the database for bbPress */
    define('BBDB_NAME', 'bbpress');

bb-templateskakumeifront-page.php:

<?php get_header(); ?>
    ... page ...
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

Did this ever get solved?

jcnetsys

@jcnetsys

Dunno what conflicts this might cause but I modified lines 86-91 of bb-settings.php to:

if ( defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    //$wp_filter = array();
    //$wp_actions = array();
    //$merged_filters = array();
    //$wp_current_filter = array();
    }

This prevents wordpress filters and hooks from being removed.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar