Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Using this forum on iPhone7 / spam on this forum

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

This actual forum has two major issues that I can’t resolve when I am trying to use it on my iPhone7. It is not possible to login anywhere or create new topics. I have to use my iPad, MacBook or PC.

Can you please address those issues with the forum on this website.

Also, is it possible for you to please remove the spam topics that get introduced onto this site and block the users. Surely you want your forum as a model for prospective users but at times it has these clear spam topics or replies. But they seem to stay.

Forgive me if moderation is in hand.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Also, is it possible for you to please remove the spam topics that get introduced onto this site and block the users.

I do all the time – 3 or more users a day get blocked – not quite sure what more you think I can do !!

If you want to fund me to spend all day on here, then I’d be delighted.

want to give me some examples of ones that ‘seem to stay’

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Cool. Good to know it is on top of. No worries!

But it was not a personal comment at anyone. It is a pity it all falls on you and not some other shoulders. We are grateful …

Well done! And thanks.

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

I am curious to hear more about the iPhone issue. We have ongoing problems that *appear* to be related to iPhones on both of our WP sites. And the problems are not just related to bbPress. People have trouble posting on forums, but they also have trouble signing up to the site (through MemberPress) and sometimes simply viewing blog posts.

I don’t personally have any Apple devices, and these problems are a mystery to me. So if there’s any more information available, I’d love to hear it.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Don’t get me wrong. My own site is fine 100%. BBPress in itself must be ok. But this literal website has issues.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Actually, I now find login and logout when I click my name. But I can’t create a new topic.

Robin W

@robin-w

But I can’t create a new topic.

can you explain that in details – eg can’t see something, doesn’t do something etc.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

View post on imgur.com

That’s just it. There is no Create New Topic link at the top.

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

That’s interesting. I don’t *think* this is the problem that we’ve been having. The reports I get are more along the lines of “I submitted a post and the site never came back” / “the site won’t respond” / “the page froze up” – these are almost exclusively iPhone/iPad users and they mostly *claim* that the problem only happens with our site.

Things (mostly) clear up if I can get them to power cycle their phone, but it doesn’t exactly create good will towards our site to make them do that. I wish I had some clue what this is about. But I guess it’s not related to what you’re seeing here.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes the theme doesn’t show create at the top, but the ability to create a topoic at the bottom still exists if you are in a forum – appreciate that it might be better with the create still there, but not within my power

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Sorry but can’t see that. Screenshot?

Robin W

@robin-w

so at the bottom of this for instance – providing you are logged in !

Requests & Feedback

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Got it.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar