Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Using MediaWiki user database to log in?

• [removed]
    Participant

@litso

Hey all,

I was wondering if it’s possible to bypass the bbPress login/registration and just authorize users based on the usertable I have in my MediaWiki installation. I’ve been able to do this with phpBB and vBulletin, so I guess there should be a way to do this for bbPress, right?

Where would I start doing this? As far as I could see there’s no existing plugin for this. I see there’s an LDAP plugin though, so I could take that one and try to rewrite it to use a regular mysql database. Or are there better ways to achieve this?

Thanks!

NOTE: There are some plugins that let MediaWiki use your WordPress/bbPress database. What I’m looking for goes the other way round. I have MediaWiki, and I want bbPress to auth against it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Theoretically, you can use anything for authentication by overriding the bb_check_login function.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

Theoretically, you can use anything for authentication by overriding the bb_check_login function.

[removed]
    Participant

@litso

Thanks, Ben L.

I’ve decided to just rewrite the LDAP plugin to connect with mediawiki’s database. Seems to be working so far, when I’ve tested it some more I’ll release it officially.

[removed]
    Participant

@litso

Thanks, Ben L.

I’ve decided to just rewrite the LDAP plugin to connect with mediawiki’s database. Seems to be working so far, when I’ve tested it some more I’ll release it officially.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar