Categories
Search
Bottom

Users with “Particpant” role unable to create new posts

• akkuakku
    Participant

@akkuakku

Dear All,,

I have recently started a new website. To create a forum, I had installed wordpress and buddypress. However, in the forum registered users whose role is set as “particpant” are unable to create or even view new topics. Through the dashboard when they are trying to view the existing topics it is giving the following message.

You are not allowed to edit posts in this post type.

However, when I changed the user role to moderator or keymaster, the user is able to see the topics posted in the forum. I have seen similar question posted by others in the forum and most of the problems seemed to be about the plugin conflicts. Besides Buddypress & bbpress, I have only Beaver Builder Plugin (Lite Version) & Contact Form 7. I have tried deactivating both plugins but the situation does not change.

Another possibility I have read is that it could be the problem with theme. I am using Tesseract 2 theme. I haven’t checked the theme conflict issue as I am not sure if I can change my theme temporarily to something else (say, twenty sixteen) can I get back my original layout once I change it back to Tesseract 2.

Looking forward to replies.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• akkuakku
    Participant

@akkuakku

Hi,

Anyone knowledgeable on this issue, please reply

Robin W

@robin-w

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar