Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Users report being unable to login into the forum

• severbronny
    Participant

@cyrusthepyrus

I’m a newbie with code and web implementation, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. My readers have reported the following: “I’ve been trying to be able to post on your forum. I have a wordpress account, which I use to try to log in. After that it takes me to a jetpack and wordpress site, which Makes me put in my info again. But when I do, it then it takes me back to the original jetpack/wordpress page.”

Here is the forum:

Forum *new*

And yet they can make comments on my site with ease:

Discussion

I installed bbPress using this slug: [bbp-forum-index]

What am I missing? Thanks ahead!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• severbronny
    Participant

@cyrusthepyrus

I contacted WordPress help, and they said to “Disable WordPress.com Secure Sign On.” But doing so carries risks, doesn’t it?

severbronny
    Participant

@cyrusthepyrus

I tried the above solution but the same issue persists. is there anyone from the development end of bbpress that can lend a hand?

Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar