Categories
Search
Bottom

Users Keep Getting Logged Out

• PrancingHorse
    Participant

@prancinghorse

Hello

Everyone on the website keeps on getting logged out after their session regardless of their role. How do I increase the logged in time?

Thank you,
    Diana

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

always happened? Just started happening? new site ? old site ? Just when in bbpress ? when in everything ?

PrancingHorse
    Participant

@prancinghorse

Hi Robin,

I just installed BBPress onto the website maybe 3 weeks ago with a brand new WordPress installation. It’s been happening since inception.

Its not happening for the keymaster account, but it’s happening for everyone else.

Robin W

@robin-w

so this is after they close browser, and next time they need to log in again – yes?

PrancingHorse
    Participant

@prancinghorse

Yep! Even if its within one minute, when someone closes their browser when they open it again, they must login.

Robin W

@robin-w

So what browrser(s) are you using?

So on your PC, login as keymaster, the close browser and come back.

Does it remember you ?

then login as participant, and repeat

Does it remember you ?

Then try a different browser and repeat

The come back with the results

getfree
    Participant

@getfree

BUMP.
    Robin, my users are complaining that they are being logged out. It’s not certain yet if that has happened while the browser has just been idle.

I tested this with keymaster and participant accounts and found no difference when I closed the browser and re-opened it.

Brave and Edge browsers worked just fine (login, close, re-open and the user is still logged in) but when I tested two different Chrome profiles the other one remembered me, and the other one (again, no difference between participant and keymaster).

The only difference that I could find was that the one that remembered the login has one plugin, Lastpass, and the other doesn’t have any. But then again a third profile which has a bunch of plugins did not remembered the login.

I just can’t figure out what could make the difference here.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses WordPress login, so it is that area that needs researching.

WordPress uses login cookies, so if your browser does not have cookies enabled then it would not remember you.

Given that it works on some of your browsers but not others, then it would tend to indicate a browser issue rather than website.

you could also look at

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52879240/remember-me-functionality-doesnt-work-properly-in-wordpress

getfree
    Participant

@getfree

I could not isolate the issue but clicking “remember me” when signing up resolved the issue at least for the browser (profile) mentioned.

Thanks again for the comments Robin.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad to hear

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar