Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

users cannot login to bbpress

• rsbenedict
    Participant

@rsbenedict

I’m using wordpress 3.5.1 with bbpress plugin 2.3.2.

Although I have users already registered, those users cannot login to bbpress. When they go to the default forum page, it gives the wp login page and then when they add in their credentials, it just redirects back to the same page stating they must be logged in to see the page.

They have the roll of participant and I’ve even downloaded the members plugin and added all of the participant functions to the subscriber roll yet still the same issue.

The only person who can view the forum is the administrator.

Any ideas? I’ve been trying to fix this now for hours and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve searched the web and haven’t found any solutions except for installing the member plugin, but still, it has no effect.

I’d hate to have to use another forum software, but if I can’t get this to work, I’ll have no other recourse.

website is http://teachforjune.com and forum page is http://teachforjune.com/iiforums

Thanks!

Scott

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Normally bbpress looks for it’s forum under the website followed by “forums”, but you’ve got that link allocated to Mybb software.

I presume your forums base in settings is set to “iiforums” ?

rsbenedict
    Participant

@rsbenedict

Yes, that’s correct. They have nothing to do with each other and I did set the base to iiforums.

Everything works fine for me, the administrator, but anyone else has issues.

Robin W

@robin-w

Can only suggest you try it in the base ie change your current forum page, and try it witgh forums as the web address.

rsbenedict
    Participant

@rsbenedict

That’s a whole other install of another forum and that will screw up that forum. It’s not easy to change it. It’s totally installed under that subdomain and changing it would require 1000s of mysql changes. Not worth the trouble.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry to hear that.

Cannot suggest anything else – hope someone else will come along and help !

rsbenedict
    Participant

@rsbenedict

Thanks! I”m going to have to go a different route altogether.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar