Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Username

• leander8728

@leander8728

Hello,

I want to know the name of the User that is logged in (the name that he is registered, so not viewed on the forum. Most of the time, people change there name to look it better for forum post’s and comments. But i want the real name.)

So not bb_get_current_user_info(‘name’); because then i get the name dat is displayed on the site.

Another thing is: Is there a plugin, or trick to let WordPress and BBPress more cooperate between them? Because, if i know logged in on wordpress, is must do exactly the same thing on bbpress. But i want logged in on wordpress and in the same time logged in in bbpress too. So then i don’t need to login twice on the same website.

Thanks,

Leander

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

One problem per topic please. Otherwise it gets too confusing.

So, for your first problem, you want to see their username or their display name?

leander8728

@leander8728

I’m sorry. I can’t edit my post anymore.

I want to see their username. Because i want to link to the wordpress profile page instead of the standard bbpress profile page. So it must be: example.com/members/username and not example.com/forum/profile/displayname.

I can edit the link in a file by myself, but i don’t know how to call the username (for the user that is logged in) and not the display name.

leander8728

@leander8728

Does anyone know’s the tag for the Nicename of the Login name? And not the Display name (with this tag: bb_get_current_user_info(‘name’);)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar