Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

username place holder in emails

• andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

I am using the “bbPress Custom Reply Notifications” plugin to send bbPress emails. I’m able to use “author” placeholder/token successfully, so the author’s name appears in the sent email when a new topic or reply is posted.

Is there a placeholder for “username” to indicate the username of the person the email is being to?

I thought this would be great, as some people forget they signed up the forum and get an email weeks months later. Having “hi username…” would help them remember it’s something they signed for and not a spam, and it more personable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I’m actually working on a version of that plugin for my style pack plugin to allow html and some other features.

The problem with personalisation is that bbpress sends the email to noreply@yoursite and BCC’s in all the forum/topic subscribers. Only one email is therefore actually sent, so it cannot have personal greetings.

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

That’s great to hear that you might soon have a solution. I see now why it’s difficult to include a personal greeting.

I was using “BP Emails for BBP” which seemed to solve that issue, but the plugin wasn’t working right for us.

Currently, I use “AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions” which I think would correct the issue you are referring to, but I’m not 100% sure.

Thanks for the clarification.

Robin W

@robin-w

Currently, I use “AsynCRONous bbPress Subscriptions”

yes that sends individual.

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

yes that sends individual.

Ok, I guess that’s good news. In that case, maybe I’ll to try to find a function which creates a placeholder/token which can be used in the bbPress emails for the username. If anyone knows of such a thing, please let me know.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar