Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User Topics Created

• quentinpotgieter
    Participant

@quentinpotgieter

I have spent days trying to only show the topics created by the user. Using the user-topics-created.php and my own template. All my result shows is “This user has not created any topics.”. What am I missing?
    My goal is to create my own wordpress page template to show the user’s created topics without having the entire bbpress profile menu.

Please help!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• quentinpotgieter
    Participant

@quentinpotgieter

Can someone please assist me.

Robin W

@robin-w

patience – it is Friday night here, and expecting a free response in less than 24 hours is a bit presumptive !

you simply need to create a link to

http://mysite.comk/forums/users/&xxx&/topics/

Tell me what your start point will be – ie widget, item in a menu etc.

quentinpotgieter
    Participant

@quentinpotgieter

My apology, thank you for your response. I need to use the loop in the user-topics-created.php that shows the user’s created topics within my own page template with the header and footer. I need to make different page templates that will be exactly the same, but using css show/hide different forum categories.

Do you need a link to the site in example?

Is it possible to create my own page template to loop the user’s created topics?

I will be more patient to your response, but looking for a solution before end of Monday if possible.

Thank you.

quentinpotgieter
    Participant

@quentinpotgieter

Basically i have various forums:
    1. Forum
    2. Classifieds
    3. Volunteers
    4. Sponsors

I need to show the user their topics separately:
    1. Forum – Your topics
    2. Classifieds – Your Ads
    3. Volunteers – Your Opportunities
    4. Sponsors – Your Opportunities

I will use css to achieve hiding unneeded forum id’s, but need to create a page template to return all the user’s topics.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok if you look at user-topics-created.php you’ll see on line 18 that it calls

bbp_get_user_topics_started()

that function presumes that you have $user_id set for the user, and however you are calling it, that is not the case, so you need to set it.

so try adding

$user_id = get_current_user_id(); 
    <code>and then call</code>bbp_get_user_topics_started($user_id)

quentinpotgieter
    Participant

@quentinpotgieter

Awesome. I understand completely. It is such an easy “must have” php101, but I do not do a lot of these kind of things and really appreciate your assistance. All I need to do now is get the css linked.

Awesome thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar