Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User role upgrade

• mvaneijgen
    Participant

@mvaneijgen

Is there a way users/visitors of the forum could request a user role upgrade.

When users sign up they are ‘contributor’ and I want them to fill out some information and put out a request to become ‘expert’

Hare there any functionalities like this out there?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

If this is just a request (ie you are going to look at this), then any ‘form’ plugin will do that

eg

https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/

mvaneijgen
    Participant

@mvaneijgen

No im looking for this, but can’t find anything on this topic out there. If there is nothing like this ill probably have to hire someone to intergrade this.

Robin W

@robin-w

No im looking for this

I don’t know what you are looking for – from your original description my first answer would do.

Please come back with a fuller description of exactly what you want

mvaneijgen
    Participant

@mvaneijgen

Oke I get that there are plugins to send emails, but how to intergrade them to upgrade the user (automatically). I don’t want to manually upgrade every request.

To me this sounds like a VIP plugin where you can pay to get a VIP upgrade.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, you mention ‘contributor’ – do you mean wordpress roles or bbpress roles?

mvaneijgen
    Participant

@mvaneijgen

BBpress roles.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, getting there, but a solution brief would be good. ie a long description of exactly what you want.

If it’s easy, I’ll drop some code

If not, I might look at it as a project

mvaneijgen
    Participant

@mvaneijgen

Im designing a forum with users, panel users and expert users.

I want users to be able to ‘upgrade’ there account. All they have to do to make this happen is provide the website with extra information. (this sounds to me like a “buy a subscription” function and have them pick a Bronze, Silver or Gold subscription, so im looking in to bbpress/wordpress membership plugins, but there doesn’t seem to be one that suits me)

I don’t need paid subscriptions, I just want to change there forum role. It would be nice to intergrade this with something like a form plugin, so I can intergrade that with mailchimp so i can make lists based on there ‘subscription’

Another method would be have different sign up form on the website, before they become member and have them fill out the information I need based on the Role they want to become.

Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect it would be a hook into a free membership plugin like simple membership

If you’d like me to look in detail at this, contact me via my website

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar