Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User registration on multisite

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)

• caneblu
    Participant

@caneblu

well… little disappointed about the bbpress and MU integration. How can possible this bug is still here from years ago?

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

@caneblu it is not a bug. wp-signup.php on the root site – is how WordPress working.

caneblu
    Participant

@caneblu

@Kolya Korobochkin you are right, but i think the mistake born when admin use bbpress only on subsite, and not in wide mode. By the way, the bbpress shortcode for register isnt working.

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

I’ve posted the long article about this question on my blog with source codes, examples and screenshots (on Russian language): https://korobochkin.wordpress.com/2015/02/10/rukovodstvo-po-sozdaniju-stranicy-registracii-v-multisajte/

mairag
    Participant

@mairag

I’m having this problem on my multisite installation as well, I know this is an old thread but there’s no much info available to solve it. I’m quite new and I don’t understand the solution provided here, can someone explain it step by step, like for dummies?

Thanks in advance.

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

Hi @mairag. Updated step by step tutorial with working source code example available in next article https://wpmag.ru/2015/wordpress-multisite-signup/ (on Russian but you can use Google Translator to translate this) 🙂 Inside article you can find the links to Github with source code. Feel free to leave any questions here.

mairag
    Participant

@mairag

Thanks Koyla, will try with Google Translator and your tutorial. I’ll let you know if I have any question.

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

👍🏻 By the way we can translate mentioned (my) article to English and publish on Smashing Magazine or WP Tavern… All we need is native english speaker which can checkout my english version and correct my errors (mistakes).

mairag
    Participant

@mairag

That would be very useful.
    I finally decided to make a new WP install on my server and create the forum site on a subdomain, so it won’t be part of my site network and it has its own login/register options, much easier for a newbie like me, maybe is not the best solution but it works for now.

Thanks for your time!

delikatesy
    Participant

@delikatesy

Thanks for the hard work on this.

Would you mind explaining, where all the files should go? I’m a bit puzzled of what should go to mu-plugins folder, what into theme functions etc.

thanks
    Viktor

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar