Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User registration email not sending to user

• loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

HI, I checked and tested everything on my site, but no matter what the user is not getting their registration email. I get the notification that my site has a new user, but the user never gets it. I tried using SMTP plugins etc, but no luck. Please help!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses wordpress registration, so start with

1. You should be aware that many spam filters strip messages that do not come from the correct address. So if your site is mysite.com and your email address in wordpress settings>general is @gmail.com">fred@gmail.com then it is likely that messages will be dumped in transit. You need to set up email to come from your site eg @mysite.com">fred@mysite.com, your hosting provider can help if needed.
    2. Then you need to see if this is wordpress wide
    Try https://wordpress.org/plugins/check-email/

mtraykova
    Participant

@mtraykova

I have exactly the same problem.

I installed the check email and clearly it’s not sending the password emails.

Does anyone else has an idea what the issue is? Do we need extra plugins or is it a bug?

Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

Hi, the admin email has been set up with the domain name. All plugins have been deactivated and default theme has been tested. he email is not sending to the user. I’m receiving a notification that a new user has been registered but the user is not receiving the email. We are losing people on your forums because of this issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress uses wordpress registration, so this is probably not a bbpress issue.

As a final check, go into http://www.mysite.com/wp-login.php and test that registration also fails there

Then I suggest you contact your host provider to help – as it is possibly a site configuarion/email issue.

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

I just GoDaddy and it looks good on their end. After 45 minutes on the phone with them. I’m not sure what to do anymore. Clearly this is bbpress issue πŸ™

Robin W

@robin-w

did you do

As a final check, go into http://www.mysite.com/wp-login.php and test that registration also fails there

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

Yes, I tried and it did not send the email to the user. No matter what page they register, the user gets registered but the email is not going out and it was 2 weeks ago.

Robin W

@robin-w

so it is wordpress not bbpress

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

HI, I deactivate all plugins except for bbpress, also changed themes and nothing. Emila registration is not going out. SMTP didn’t work either. Don’t know what to anymore πŸ™

Robin W

@robin-w

I installed the check email and clearly it’s not sending the password emails.

can you clarify what the results from this plugin were – did other emails go ok ?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar