Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User registration email not sending to user

• loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

HI, I checked and tested everything on my site, but no matter what the user is not getting their registration email. I get the notification that my site has a new user, but the user never gets it. I tried using SMTP plugins etc, but no luck. Please help!

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses wordpress registration, so start with

1. You should be aware that many spam filters strip messages that do not come from the correct address. So if your site is mysite.com and your email address in wordpress settings>general is fred@gmail.com then it is likely that messages will be dumped in transit. You need to set up email to come from your site eg fred@mysite.com, your hosting provider can help if needed.
    2. Then you need to see if this is wordpress wide
    Try https://wordpress.org/plugins/check-email/

mtraykova
    Participant

@mtraykova

I have exactly the same problem.

I installed the check email and clearly it’s not sending the password emails.

Does anyone else has an idea what the issue is? Do we need extra plugins or is it a bug?

Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

Hi, the admin email has been set up with the domain name. All plugins have been deactivated and default theme has been tested. he email is not sending to the user. I’m receiving a notification that a new user has been registered but the user is not receiving the email. We are losing people on your forums because of this issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress uses wordpress registration, so this is probably not a bbpress issue.

As a final check, go into http://www.mysite.com/wp-login.php and test that registration also fails there

Then I suggest you contact your host provider to help – as it is possibly a site configuarion/email issue.

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

I just GoDaddy and it looks good on their end. After 45 minutes on the phone with them. I’m not sure what to do anymore. Clearly this is bbpress issue ๐Ÿ™

Robin W

@robin-w

did you do

As a final check, go into http://www.mysite.com/wp-login.php and test that registration also fails there

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

Yes, I tried and it did not send the email to the user. No matter what page they register, the user gets registered but the email is not going out and it was 2 weeks ago.

Robin W

@robin-w

so it is wordpress not bbpress

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

loiruca
    Participant

@loiruca

HI, I deactivate all plugins except for bbpress, also changed themes and nothing. Emila registration is not going out. SMTP didn’t work either. Don’t know what to anymore ๐Ÿ™

Robin W

@robin-w

I installed the check email and clearly itโ€™s not sending the password emails.

can you clarify what the results from this plugin were – did other emails go ok ?

kilerb
    Participant

@kilerb

Hi, I just started a new website and forum board. Mine does not send new users a link to set their password, but strangely enough, I did go to wp-admin and register a new user there and that did send an email. Went to spam, but it was there. When a new user registers through the bbpress widget, it send me their email and username, but they never get an email. When I successfully got the email for registering on the wp site at /wp-admin, it came from “wordpress@mysite.com” which I never set up. Under general settings I just have my personal email being used, but the reg. email came from wordpress@mysite.com. Any idea why it’s not sending out an email to new users when they register through bb.com but it does when they register at /wp-admin? Everything was just installed today, so plugins and wordpress are all up to date. Thanks!

kilerb
    Participant

@kilerb

Also, if this helps narrow it down, I installed the “check email” plugin mentioned above and that did send an email that ended up in my spam from my personal email address which is the one under general settings.

Robin W

@robin-w

Whether you register via wordpress or bbpress the password email comes from

wordpress@mysite.com

see this article for further help

https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-change-sender-name-in-outgoing-wordpress-email/

kilerb
    Participant

@kilerb

Thanks, the CB Change Mail Sender plugin worked. The email went to spam though. Any advise to make it go to the inbox? Much appreciated!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

kilerb
    Participant

@kilerb

Also, I know this isn’t part of BBPress or anything… But for the 2 users that tried to register and never got their link because of the first problem, do you happen to know if there’s a way to send it to them again? Didn’t see the option when I click on their username in the dashboard. Thanks.

kilerb
    Participant

@kilerb

Sorry… Didn’t see a way to delete my last post. I found a plugin to resend welcome email. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you have any advice to make these things not go to spam, I’d love to hear it. Thanks again!!!

Helmuts
    Participant

@hmprivate

for those who come back here later >> my solution = plugin “WP Mail SMTP” (option = Gmail).

see yourself: ibf.lv

best, H

safaritoonces
    Participant

@safaritoonces

I also have the same problem that I do a test and the registration email is intercepted as a suspected bot. I get redirected to https://mysite.org/wp-login.php?action=register

I am using WP Mail SMTP, I and I did a check mail which worked… and I have the correct host email name in settings/general, so I don’t see why the above is happening.

wpa2mik
    Participant

@wpa2mik

After recent update to bbPress 2.6.4, I got the same problem.
    I’m sure that emails in general work correctly for my website, because emails are sent in all cases except registration. I got notifications that a new user just registered. When a newly registered user click “Lost Passord”, he can receive an email to set a password. Also if I login Word Press as admin and choose Users > Add New, everything is OK.

I’ve read that this problem is related to WP itself, but I think it is also connected with bbPress, because it appeared right after update.

To Robin: please spend some of your time to fix this issue, because new users can’t register.

wpa2mik
    Participant

@wpa2mik

Sorry. It was not bbPress. I deactivated “reCaptcha by BestWebSoft” plugin that I have used for many years, and now it seems working.

L46
    Participant

@fionalai708

I checked and tested 4 times to register with the same account.but the site didnt noticed that cant register with the same account.and the user is not getting any registration email after each register.
    and I(admin) didnt get any notification about a new user too.
    I (admin)had got notification email when I set up a topic yesterday.

i can create new user accountA successfully via wp dashboard.
    and admin and user accountA got the notice email .
    the user accountA got the registration email .
    but user accountA cant login .

I try but no luck.
    Please help! thanks

L46
    Participant

@fionalai708

I deactivate all plugins except for bbpress, test to register but failed still.

set up email to come from my site eg @mysite.com and
    contact my host provider (SG) to help โ€“ problem still.

I install ย https://wordpress.org/plugins/check-email/ ย 
    admin accepted test email.
    but problem still too.now I deactivate plugin check-email.

SG help me to set plugin”WP Mail SMTP” .problem still too.

hope can assist me. thanks a lot.

jappan
    Participant

@jappan

add_filter('bp_email_use_wp_mail', function () {
        return true;
    });

you should add this code in function.php

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar