Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User Pages and Page Title "Not Found"

• connielk
    Participant

@connielk

I had a heck of a time getting my theme Customizzr to work with bbPress. But your fantastic theme support made it possible. I have one weird thing left to fix still. The forum looks great, the user pages look great, the search works. But when you click on a user link, and it displays the user pages, notice that the title bar at the top of the browser says: Page Not Found | RedHorse CRM – Mozilla Firefox.

Any idea how I can fix that?

http://redhorsesystems.com/forums

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Hi, this is a problem by Yoast WordPress SEO plugin and other seo plugin wich don’t love bbpress…

You must to go in yoast settings to find any setting to configure it.. if is possible.. I have same problems with All in One SEO plugin.. And i writing to author plugin to resolve this issue…

Before to use a custom function to replace it, go in plugin settings and found one solution..

Paul
    Participant

@pheckles

Hi Connie/freewpress, which particular settings did you change in the SEO plug-in? I am also using that plug-in or did you completely disable it?

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Try to use All in one seo plugin…

connielk
    Participant

@connielk

I’m using Yoast. They have a setting for page titles for replies and topics but not for user profiles. No answer from their forum on what to do. Do you think All in one seo is better?

FreeWPress
    Participant

@freewpress

Not for this version.. for future version mybe.. I have made a function to rewrite title.. bbpress is not seo friendly for users… it generate duplicate pages!!

Themeover
    Participant

@bastywebb

Hi guys,

I was battling with this issue too. I didn’t want to abandon the Yoast SEO plugin so this is the function I added to functions.php in my WordPress theme to fix the issue:

// fix yoast seo plugin issue with user title
    function fix_not_found_title($title){
    if (is_bbpress()){
    if ($title == ‘Page Not Found – SiteNameHere’){
    return ‘Forum User: ‘.bbp_get_displayed_user_field( ‘display_name’ );
    } else {
    return $title;
    }
    } else {
    return $title;
    }
    }
    add_action( ‘wpseo_title’, ‘fix_not_found_title’ );

It’s a bit of a hack but it works for now. I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sebastian

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar