Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

“User” Page seems to be stuck in a loop

• sflwa
    Participant

@sflwa

I’m not sure how / where this might have broken – I know it was working.

If I click on the name of a user (example: https://bbpress.org/forums/profile/sflwa/)
    On my site it is domain/users/NICENAME
    All of the sudden the page just spins and spins and spins

If I put the site into troubleshooting mode – for users with only a few topics / replies I can get it to pull up but it seems like it is stuck in a loop as it just keeps repeating the profile information over and over and over.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this or what page / file I need to check to debug it.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Verdant Studio
    Participant

@verdantstudio

With troubleshooting mode you mean debug mode? https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

That would be a good way to start yes, if you have a local or test setup in which you can reproduce the exact same error, I would try turning plugins off one by one there, to see if it is being caused by any of them.

Errors like these can have many causes but the template for this particular page is at
    /bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/user-profile.php

sflwa
    Participant

@sflwa

@verdantstudio

I did both debug mode within WordPress as well as the Site Health and Troubleshooting.

In Site Health and Troubleshooting I did just bbpress with the default wordpress theme – seems to be an issue in both cases.

I tried to comment out everything inbetween the before/after in the profile page and had the same result.

This had been working fine – it is something recent that caused it.

confusedneedhelp
    Participant

@confusedneedhelp

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am using the Astra theme and since the latest update to 4.0.2 the user page enters a constant loop trying to load the profile info until the server cannot cope.

Are you using the Astra theme? I tried their support but they were not helpful. If I go back to the previous version of Astra it works ok.

I am using the default Astra theme with only BBpress activated. I can provide a link to a staging site if anyone wants to see it.

confusedneedhelp
    Participant

@confusedneedhelp

Here is a screenshot. The text “It seems we cannot…” is new and should not be there.

Screenshot

sflwa
    Participant

@sflwa

@confusedneedhelp

As a matter of fact I am running astra – I didn’t think to try the page with a default theme.

I have the pro version so I’ll test that again and reach out to them

confusedneedhelp
    Participant

@confusedneedhelp

Screenshot

Screenshot-2023-01-30-114930

If you can add to my topic on the Astra support it may help things.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/bbpress-user-profile-broken-on-latest-update/

sflwa
    Participant

@sflwa

@confusedneedhelp

Astra has confirmed that there is a conflict – they are working to resolve – they created an internal ticket

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar