Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User Info Column too Narrow

• officerofthewatch
    Participant

@officerofthewatch

Hi I’m hoping someone can give me some direction. I should start by saying i’m not a big coder or developer so apologies if this is really simple to solve. Every post in BBpress is accompanies by the user date on the left hand side. On the initial post in a topic this user data column is wide enough to contain all of the relevant data.

On subsequent posts the column is indented and becomes too narrow to display everything. For an example of this issue on the site I’m developing view

https://officerofthewatch.co.uk/Officers-Mess/topic/officer-of-the-watch-help-wanted/

You will note on the second post by ‘aquabon’ the ‘send a message’ text is partially cut off.

Is there anyway to increase this column width to match that of the original poster?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,
    Something is strange in your theme … Also when I look from it from a smaller screen, everything gets on top of other things.

A quick and dirty patch ?

#bbpress-forums div.bbp-forum-author, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-topic-author, #bbpress-forums div.bbp-reply-author {
      width: 25%;
    }

But you need more to fix your whole environment.
    Pascal.

officerofthewatch
    Participant

@officerofthewatch

Pascal, thanks for getting back to me. I’m currently using the Customizr theme updated to the latest version. I had a look at the forum on my iPhone and like you said it looks even worse!! In relation to your patch where should I enter this into?

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

This is just CSS, so probably under ‘Appearance’ you should find an Editor or something where you can add your own CSS. If you don’t find it, best is to ask on the support forum on the theme where you can add custom CSS.

Pascal.

officerofthewatch
    Participant

@officerofthewatch

Pascal thanks for the additional guidance. I tried the custom CSS but it wasn’t completely successful. In the small browser/mobile view portions of the post text remained missing. In a normal browser the custom CSS caused a conflict with the quote function resulting in this being distorted.

Now that I know that this is something that has been caused by the customizr theme settings I’ve placed a post in their support forum in the hope that they might be able to fix this issue.

Once again I want to say thanks very much for the time you have taken to help me.

Kind Regards
    Steven

officerofthewatch
    Participant

@officerofthewatch

I’ve removed the custom CSS now. So it’s back to the original state.

officerofthewatch
    Participant

@officerofthewatch

solved with the following custom CSS

#bbpress-forums div.reply { height: auto; width: inherit !Important; }

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Thanks for posting back !

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar