Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User can’t receive email after registration

• My keymaster’s password not permit me to log in ( incorrect password) , after recovering I can’t receive password and I register with another user it is still doesn’t work.

Our server is new computer. Do I need to create a mail server that it send password for user from forum?

But I have done it, I’m still can’t receive password.

I don’t know where my setting is wrong, could you help me.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What sort of server are you on? Can any other applications send email from there?

To avoid the problems with the email for now, you could install the instant password plugin:

https://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/instant-password/

Thanks for help.

After I followed this info in /plugins/topic/instant-password/

I have updated the password at ‘user_pass’ with new one and changed user status using 1 at ‘user_status’ in table ‘bb_users’.

When I user new password, I still can’t login that show me “incorrect password”.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The password in the database is encrypted. So, if you just pasted the plain text into the password field in the database, it won’t work.

What version of bbPress are you using, and are you integrated with WordPress?

I use bbPress 0.9.0.4 , not integrated with WordPress. My server use Linux CentOS, Apache 2.2.3, Mysql5.045 and Php 5.1.6 .

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

So, did you just paste the plain text password into the database field? That won’t work. You need to encrypt it first. Here is the encrypted version of the password password for a 0.9.0.4 installation:

$P$BYmd6QuCKHVKv5Hm0igW8A/bSHSbWt/

If you paste that into the user_pass field of the bb_users table, you should be able to log in with your username and a password of password. Then, change your password.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar