Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Use a custom “bbpress/loop-topic-list.php” for one forum only?

• myblackf150
    Participant

@myblackf150

I have 5 forums but for one of them I would like to use a modified “bbpress/loop-topic-list.php” is this possible?

Thank you.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I’m not sure how technical you are, but you can get your theme to hold a bbpress template which you can modify eg if you want to amend loop-single-reply.php you would find
    wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php

transfer this to your pc and edit

and save

create a directory on your theme called ‘bbpress’
    ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

Then transfer the file you saved above and put in in the directory called bbpress that you created above, so you end up with
    wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php

bbPress will now use this template instead of the original

myblackf150
    Participant

@myblackf150

Hello Robin W,

Thank you. I had been able to do the above ( but thank you so much for the steps just the same. You are VERY kind.

To be more exact, I have one forum called “Music”. I created a loop-topic-list with a layout that is quite different to the other forums. Is there a way to just have this new “modified” loop-topic-list applied just to this “Music” Forum, and if so, how do I call he “modified” loop-topic-list template to just be applied to the “Music” Forum or sub forum if I may please ask?

Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, but give me a day or so

myblackf150
    Participant

@myblackf150

Yes of course, at your leisure. I am beyond grateful! Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, cab I just ask what you mean by ‘ I created a loop-topic-list with a layout that is quite different to the other forums. ‘

Is this code, and if so what files have you amended or what have you done so far to achieve this?
    If not code, can you explain further

myblackf150
    Participant

@myblackf150

Sure Robin,
    I wanted to show thumbnails on this forum, where the others don.t
    There are different sized fonts. I placed a table layout so that it looked more the way I wanted to when it is on mobile.
    It works across all forums but I just want it to work for my music forum.
    So when the music forum is called, I don’t know if and how I can tell bbpress to use the aforementioned modified “loop-topic-list”

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’m still need to know what you actually changed to do this, ie the exact files you changed, and what you changed

myblackf150
    Participant

@myblackf150

Hello Robin,

What I had changed is mostly aesthetic and some of the layout.
    I added a table to format a row of links such as “comment”, removed “last replied by” and also re-positioned the thumbnail.
    I did not create any calls or hooks, but I did change some of the css for this forum in particular.
    The main goal is to have one of my forums out of several have a different look and feel, have different accessibility and conveniences such as the aforementioned links and have the rest of the the forums be as they are. But there is only one loop-topic-list and I am not certain how to get this individual forum to only use a modified “loop-topic-list.

Thank you

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I am trying to help you, and I’ll give this one more go before I give up.

Just telling me you added a table does not help. I need to know exactly what you changed where, so to which file, page, post or whatever did you add the table?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar