Categories
Search
Bottom

Uploading Pic Directly Into Post

• delta5
    Participant

@delta5

Hi all,

Is there a plugin or extension available that will allow a picture to be directly inserted into a post?
    Instead of having to host it on Photobucket and then posting the link to it? Just like on Facebook or Twitter.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I use the advanced TinyMCE bar which allows you to specify an image to display. The only thing is that you must upload the image to your domain as that is the only accepted place for the image to be approved.

There is also imgur website you can upload it to.

Finally, I allow GD Attachments and if a user attaches an image to the topic / reply it shows as a thumbnail which can be clicked and it used larger with the lightbox system on my website.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I have used this plugin for a long time now: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-multi-image-uploader/
    Although it does not let one post images INSIDE the posts (they only display after the text), it is VERY useful. The problem now, is that the plugin has not been updated in 2 years. It still works, but I was also looking for an alternative.

I will look at Chuckie’s suggestion.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I see that TinyMCE Advanced allows to post images but they only show as rectangular thumbnails. Any other way to display images, even if only sized down, but still larger than a thumbnail?

delta5
    Participant

@delta5

I just found this:

Inline Image Upload for BBPress

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I just found the same one! And it works well too! (just tested it)
    Happy user here!

delta5
    Participant

@delta5

What do you use as the source on your phone?

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

In my forum, people are posting images they created on their computer, so I never looked into the mobile aspect of it.

delta5
    Participant

@delta5

I’m building a whole new social media platform styled like Facebook for conservatives so I’ll be dealing with both mobile and desktop

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I see that TinyMCE Advanced allows to post images but they only show as rectangular thumbnails. Any other way to display images, even if only sized down, but still larger than a thumbnail?

They don#t show as thumbnails. They show as proper images.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Not sure what changed, but I tried to re-enable the Tiny MCE Advanced, and I can no longer upload images: the upload button is no longer there.

I tried the GD Attachment and it does show only a rectangular thumbnail (horizontal, even if the image is vertical).

bbPress multi-image uploader still work for me and the Inline Image Upload for BBPress works well too.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

GD Attachment will show as a thumbnail. But, if you have lightbox activated on your site then you can click the image and it shows it enlarged. Works very nice.

As for TinyMCE you have to make sure you are not using the cut down toolbar which will strip the extra buttons from the display.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

GD Attachment will show as a thumbnail. But, if you have lightbox activated on your site then you can click the image and it shows it enlarged. Works very nice.

Just a little annoying to HAVE to click for every image one wants to see. On my site, it is all about scrapbooking, so every image has to be seen.

As for TinyMCE you have to make sure you are not using the cut down toolbar which will strip the extra buttons from the display.

Not sure what you mean by the “cut down toolbar”.

bbPress multi-image uploader does something similar but instead of small thumbnails, it is just a smaller version of the image so you can often view it as is. Anyone able to update that plugin (or check if it does even need an update)?
    See an example: https://scrapbookcampus.com/Community/topic/bootcamp-july-2020/page/4/

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Don’t know. Sorry. As I mentioned I can embed images using TinyMCE but have to be on my domain.

And pasting a imgur link is simple and that turns into an embedded image too. Those are the two routes I use. Some users decide to attach.

Night. zzz

delta5
    Participant

@delta5

Can someone tell me why I can log into this support forum and post replies, but I cant start a new topic for some reason?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

This happens on mobile devices for some reason. Larger devices like tablets and computers have the button to create topics. It is very annoying,

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar