Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Upload images

• Hi! I’ve installed bbpress forum on WP and now I’d like to know if it’s possible to upload images in each post. I’d like allow users to show images in each post

Thanks

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Yes, if you are using bbPress 2.1 nightly with WordPress 3.3, you have the ability to turn on the tinymce editor and insert images.

By default only the admin can insert images. There are ways of making it so that anyone can post images if you want to.

Thanks for your reply! Can I apply tinymce only for forum posts and not for wp posts??

Where Can I set to use tinymce?

Thanks

Where Can I set to use tinyMCE for forum posts??

Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Under the wp-admin Settings -> Forums

http://screensnapr.com/v/fg2dNB.png

notice the last choice? check that, and if you are running WordPress 3.3 and bbPress 2x, it should show up.

I’ve installed WP 3.3 and BBPress 2.02 but in settings I show:

Lock post editing after minutes

Throttle time seconds

Allow Revisions Allow topic and reply revision logging

Allow Favorites Allow users to mark topics as favorites?

Allow Subscriptions Allow users to subscribe to topics

Allow Anonymous Posting Allow guest users without accounts to create topics and replies

Per Page

Per page settings for the bbPress plugin

Topics per page

Replies per page

… etcc..

Now all you show me!

Thanks for help me!

RaphaelJeger
    Participant

@raphaeljeger

Hi

doesn’t work for me either, although I see the tinyMCE on forum posts, I can not upload pics and place them inline afterwards. This is crucial to my project. I tried the bbpress GD attachements-plugin but that won’t allow for inline-placing images.

Please please help!!!
    Raphael

RaphaelJeger
    Participant

@raphaeljeger

sry, I’m on WP 3.4.2 and BP 2.2.2 if that matters…

RaphaelJeger
    Participant

@raphaeljeger

I have found a solution using http://justboil.me/
    I am almost finished, posting images online works already with bbpress.
    If you want I will show you how.

chuckzwood
    Participant

@chuckzwood

I would be interested in knowing how to post photos within bbPress posts, just as normal forum posts do. I do NOT have any “TinyMCE” options in my installation (WP 3.5 — bbPress 2.2.3).

Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Inside forums > settings do you have any option for Fancy Editor?

PavelS
    Participant

@pavels

I have also WP 3.5 and BBpress 2.2 and i see option Fancy editor, but noone can’t upload images even admin.

Did you check that by yourself with 3.5? WP guys change images uploading processes a lot, so may be something crashed?

PavelS
    Participant

@pavels

@netweb, @johnjamesjacoby

Hi, again guys. I don’t like other solutions and don’t want to degrade WP and BP to be WP 3.3.1 and BP 2.1 version. Can you explain what the problem with new WP version? May be we can help you to implement it?

When do you think you will work with that feature?

Thanks.

vasch
    Participant

@vasch

Hi all,

same problem here: I used simple:press in the past, but due to their *$@ยต policy where you need to pay (yeeeh, pay!) 39$ to get a simple extra plugin for uploading images, I switched over to bbPress.

But I can’t find the option to allow users to upload images! Please help us with this!

reg,

Val

askcdy
    Participant

@askcdy

can you tell me how to active activate jbimages plugin in TinyMCE with wordpress

@askcdy This has nothing to do with bbPress, please post on the WordPress support forums.

Support Forums

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload images’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar