Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Upgrading WordPress

• SickSquirrel
    Participant

@sicksquirrel

I run 3.7 right now. I was afraid to upgrade WP in case there wee issues with bbPress. So … if I update to 3.81 (the latest) can I expect issues or should it go smoothly?

I hired someone o set up my site with WP and bbPress. He hasn’t worked on the site after that so if I run into issues, I’m stuck. I’m only online two hours a day and can no longer code or fix errors (due to illness).

I’m leery about upgrading but know I have to do it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

We can’t tell you if your site will break or not because we don’t know what your developer has customized and how he has doen that.

The best solution is something you should always do. Back-up your WordPress site so that you can always go back to a safe position if your update doesn’t work or breaks some functionality.

Always make sure you have back-ups of your site.
    https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

SickSquirrel
    Participant

@sicksquirrel

I backup daily, twice, just to be safe. It’s automatic no having to remember fortunately. I don’t think the kid I hired did coding in the site but was install, integrate, load old phpBB site in and go.

WordPress was just the vehicle to carry bbPress. I’d hire someone but don’t want to invest any more $$$ I can’t afford.

Thanks. I guess since you gave a standard response and not a warning about specific issues, there are no known issues between WP 3.81 and bbPress 2.3.2.

SickSquirrel
    Participant

@sicksquirrel

I backup daily, twice, just to be safe. It’s automatic no having to remember fortunately. I don’t think the kid I hired did coding in the site but was install, integrate, load old phpBB site in and go.

WordPress was just the vehicle to carry bbPress. I’d hire someone but don’t want to invest any more $$$ I can’t afford.

Thanks. I guess since you gave a standard response and not a warning about specific issues, there are no known issues between WP 3.81 and bbPress 2.3.2.

Shmoo
    Participant

@macpresss

Nope, software (Plugins) like those are very well tested with Beta versions before they become available to the public.

Normally there wouldn’t be major problems if you haven’t changed anything to the core.

SickSquirrel
    Participant

@sicksquirrel

Thanks. I would have done the install myself but bringing the phpBB db over and integrating it. I’ll try this week. I think I can upgrade WP to the newest version without upgrading to the last update but will check to be sure.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar